Friday, October 30, 2009

We'll always have Paris...


What better way to get me back into blogging than to provide my two readers with some ingenious, thought-proving, life-changing advice from our favorite heiress.

By the way, I have all these quotes because my sisters sent me the best birthday present a few years ago...Confessions of an Heiress and Your Heiress Diary : Confess It All to Me.

I was ecstatic when I opened the package and proceeded to make the two bubblegum-pink books staples on my coffee table. Justin may claim that it made him worried about my pre-nup literary choices, but I definitely caught him a few times with pen in hand, trying to fill in various sections throughout MY diary, such as "Things I love about me" and "I kept this secret today...and I didn't even tell" and "Lies I'm sorry I told...Lies I'm glad I told."

So enough suspense. Here we go. Prepare to have your world rocked.

1. "The way I look at it, you should live every day as if it were your birthday."

2. "If you don't know the answer to a question, smile your most beautiful smile and everyone will forget the question."

3. "If you're forced to pick between cute and smart, choose both."

4. "Your breakup mantra should always be: tomorrow will be a better day, and I'll meet cuter guys."

5. "Anybody who dumps you is a loser."

6. "Don't talk about politics with cute guys. It will limit your dating opportunities."

7. "There's only one thing to do at a party with no cute guys: leave."

8. "My second piece of flirting advice: smile, be dressed cute, and do as little as possible."

9. "Always have a cute bodyguard if you're going to have a bodyguard."

10. "If you're going to name your kids or your dog after a city, make sure it's a pretty one. Hoboken is not going to cut it."

It's funny because I actually think my mom has uttered some of these same words to her three girls at some point in our lives, especially #9. That was definitely her go-to.

(More quotes to come...)

No comments:

Post a Comment