Tuesday, February 23, 2010

San Diego

Wow...I'm way behind on my blog entries!!

Okay, so right after Vegas, I drove with my parents to San Diego to see Sam, Ashley, Parker, and Lincoln (pre-February 11th birth). The terrible weather continued, but fortunately the great company did too.

We took advantage of a non-rainy afternoon to take Parker to the zoo. He loved the zoo, and I loved him at the zoo. Here's Parker and his grandpa. So cute.



Now stay with me on this one...it's going to get crazy. This is me taking a picture of a zoo worker taking a picture of Dad taking a picture of Parker.



Here's Parker with Grandma's present. Although the guitar played about six different songs, Parker kept the Police's "Message in a Bottle" on repeat. I'm not sure whether this means he's going to be walking the beat when he grows up or playing Sawyer on the 2030 Lost Re-make.



So Parker's obsessed with luggage. No...not legos, no, not dinosaurs, no, not cars...luggage. It's hilarious. He picked out a Disney roller at the luggage store and proceeded to wheel it around the mall, fast.



After my parents left, I stayed with Blair and Jo at their adorable apartment in downtown San Diego. I'm seriously obsessed with it and where they live. You can walk everywhere, including the Padres ballpark.



Although it wasn't warm enough to lay out at the beach, we were able to take a romantic walk along it.



Saturday morning we met up with Sam, Ashley, and Parker at an adorable little place called The Cottage in La Jolla for breakfast. Both the service and food were great. Loved it.

Jo and Blair...



Parker and Ashley



Sam and Parker



Before I took off Saturday night, we were able to see BYU basketball beat San Diego State. It was way too close of a game that kept us on the edge of our seats. The highlight, though, was the SD student section who fooled us into thinking they were missionaries. Look closely.



And after a long red-eye through Charlotte, I came home to this. Absolutely lovely.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! We had so much fun. Come back soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...I never check my comments. I had a great time too, Ashley! See you in April!

    ReplyDelete