Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kelly's Wedding (and Vegas)

Yay for Tru! I was so excited to get to see him this time around. It was so much fun to have lunch at Rio with him and Meg (his mom). I think we ended up with more food on the floor than in our bellies...wait, maybe not, but close. Miss you guys!



Then I met Jamie for dinner. Of course it's always fun to hang out with her adorable kids, but it's also nice to have some alone time for girl talk. We had a lovely dinner and an awesome photo session in the car.





After Vegas, Meg and I drove up to St. George for the wedding weekend and for me to finally see the new home my parents bought. It's absolutely beautiful, and I really need to start taking advantage of it. Here's the view from the living room. Fields and cows? Yep - St. George.



More importantly, I got to meet Lincoln. It's a weird experience to go from one nephew (on my side of the family) to two, and I worried that I wouldn't love him as much as Parker. How wrong I was! Nothing but absolute adoration for them both.


Here are Parker and his daddy. He's getting to that age where he wants his parents but is also pretty independent. It's funny for me to watch, but maybe not as funny for Sam and Ashley. Fortunately, I was able to pull him away for a little bit to go and see the cows and horses. The walk lasted as long as we had M&Ms to feed the animals.


Kelly's (my cousin) wedding was held at her husband Mark's sister's home near Zion's. It was an absolutely breathtaking setting, elegant but laid-back...perfect for Kelly.



Cousin Dave "The Dentist" walking Aunt Marcie down the aisle.



Cousin Joey "The Marine" holding the rings...I think.



Uncle Mark walking Kelly down the aisle.



And finally...Kelly and Mark.



The interior of the home, reception-ready.



The Sam Schmidts savoring the specialness.

No comments:

Post a Comment