Monday, December 27, 2010

US Open

I wish I had a better camera, but these pictures will have to suffice. For my birthday, Justin and I headed up to NYC to the US Open Men's Semifinals. I've been a few times before, but Justin's never been, so I definitely wanted him to experience it before our lives get too crazy or we move.



It was awesome, and the weather was great. We first saw Nadal beat Youzhny, but the epic match was between Federer and Djokovic - an amazing 5-setter that resulted in Djokovic winning 7-5 in the final set. I haven't always been the biggest Novak fan, but he won me over that day. He played so well that I think a majority of the crowd may have even been behind him, a huge feat considering that Federer is the fan-favorite Michael Jordan of tennis.



Between matches we were also able to meet up with the Vessels clan, Marta and Jensen, and share in some delightful lobster rolls. The only semi blurry shot I got of the crew was of none other than Nantucket Red Jensen, who made the mistake of not wearing his that day. He made up for it, however, by making a lot of US Open-ish expressions like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment