Monday, July 20, 2009

Annie's journal


I wish I could use this as fuel for the blogfire (get it? bonfire=blogfire!), but unfortunately/fortunately, it's nothing but cute. My mom found a random notebook the other day that has one journal entry, written by Annie. It's not dated, but after I sent it to Meg's District to do some further investigation, MD read between the lines and discovered that Annie actually was a freshman in high school at the time. ("I'm playing freshman basketball.")

About halfway through her entry, right after she talks about her teacher, Dr. Evil, she writes, "Ugh, well, my love life kinda hectic. Well, I've liked McKay Coppins for now two years and 6 days haha don't think that's amazing that I knew how long I started liking him New Years at the boyd's." (I can't see why Annie didn't get asked to publish a book of memoirs while in HS.)

For those of you who don't know, McKay and Annie are now married, seven years later (9 years and 171 days after she first started liking him). I can't say I'm not (I know, McKay,...double negative) jealous of their fairytale friendship - best friends tying the knot. I love my husband dearly, but I like kinda wish he like liked me since he was 12, and wrote about it.

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING! New year's at the boyd's...classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. I'm glad Mom found that, but also feel weird that she was reading my journal. We still need to locate the McKay folder. That would be a jackpot! Thanks for posting that Sarah.

    ReplyDelete