Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My mom doesn't want me to blog.


When I told her I was starting a blog, all she said was, "Why?" She thinks that blogging is weird. "Why would you want to write about yourself?", "Why would you want everyone to know everything about you?" Keep in mind this is all coming from the woman who thought it was stupid for grown, mature, married adults to be on Facebook. And now, instead of calling my mom to find out what the latest is, I just read her FB status updates and postings on MY friends' walls, including this post, "Hi, Ang. How are you? Did you know that we're here in St. George for a few months?" (I think Ang and the entire FB world knew my parents moved before I did.) or this update, "Looking forward to changing 99 degree weather in St. George for something a lot cooler in PA" (Didn't know they were moving back). If she ever decides to start a blog, I may have the perfect title: "Sue's Sidenotes: Vital Advice for Life". It would include things like, 1. "Don't date a jerk." 2. "Eat ice; it tastes good." 3. "Embellish stories; they sound better that way." 4. "Be good after I die or I'll come back and haunt you." That last one was a little scary, but other than that, these little gems have been lifesavers for my sisters and me.

3 comments:

  1. Corrections: #2 Eat shaved ice, not regular ice. Regular ice is bad for your teeth. It's much better and there are no calories in ice.
    #3 Be 100% honest unless you're writting a Christmas letter. No wants to read about how boring your family really is. And don't brag. No one wants to read about that either.
    Addendum to #4 Be good after I die and don't annoy me in this life (i.e. blogging about me) or I will come back and annoy (not haunt, there is a difference) you in the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait...I though there was no annoying in the next life. Blog mom blog!

    ReplyDelete